Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fall

Well, it was a fine day, I guess. Woke up a little sore (we need a new mattress), shaved with a razor that is too dull (I have a fresh one waiting in the wings, but am saving it for a wedding we are attending on Saturday and considering Mach 3 razors are, I believe, around $1700.00 a pop, I try to make them last as long as possible, and do not really feel the need to have a perfect shave for a Thursday at the office when the boss is out of town), dressed in a sweater, dress shirt, pin stripe combo that looked much better in my head than it did on my person, but that's what I get for trying to dress like Dr. Joel Fleischman (the pinstripe GAP pants were a poor substitute for the thick cords he favored, but, hey, this is 2006, I don't think I could find thick cords if I wanted to, and I do). Walked outside. Fuck. Cold. Excuse my french. Fuck. Cold. October 12th and I am forced to wear gloves. Yes, I know that this will not last. But I would appreciate a swan song, Autumn, instead of a slap in the face, you owe me a swan song.